Wednesday 23 July 2008

Day 94: Too Hot!

We moan when it rains, when it';s too cold, when there is no sun and then when it finally gets nice it's too hot!!!

I know the UK is not as hot as where some of you are from but I don't like it when it gets really hot (UK hot at least), especially when I have to run it. I know you are supposed to stay out of the midday sun but that's when I get the chance to run. So around 12 today I went out. It was to be a 10k run today and by the time I got back I was dripping, my feet were on fire and I was exhausted.

I got a huge glass of orange juice and sat in the shade in my garden for 10 minutes cooling down. Came in at a respectable 50m 40s. Not as fast as last week but much faster than yesterday's 5k run.

My aim for the next few days will be to try and get into the top 5 on the Nike + but going on the mileage of the top 5 now I am not sure I will get there, I will try hard though over the next few days.

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

juli gets happy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
juli gets happy said...

I can't wait to have you in the top 5, run hard...

Juli

Michael said...

Run hard, Andrew!

Andrew said...

Hi Juli / Michael, thanks for your continued support.