Sunday 27 July 2008

Day 98: Melting...

Sorry Christy!!!! After I got all of the ironing down this morning and put away, it was awful this morning as it was already quite hot and doing the ironing just made it worse. Still had to be done.

Wanted it done quickly today so I could get out for a run. Was out by 10:30 but boy was it hot already. Lots of people already out sunning themselves on the beach. Managed a sub 40 minute 8k so I was pleased with that, but I was soooo hot when I got back, I thought the soles of my trainers had melted!!

Had a great afternoon, BBQ with friends and their kids, so all 4 of them played out on the trampoline and in the paddling pool. Has just finished and the kids have just gone to bed. Not the most nutritious of meals but I had lots of protein. Still as I said not getting too hung up on it for the next 2 weeks. Will keep working hard during and after. Will probably do me good to get a few more calories than normal, that way when I get back to some very serious shredding the fat will drop off again.

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Marbella said...

Andrew, you amaze me as always. Have never heard of a man doing the ironing...in Spain would be unheard of. YOu are truly one in a million! Also liked the idea of you doing a great 8K. Have a good vacation.
Lynda

Otter Christy said...

IRONING is evil. It's interfering with your workouts. Let the kids got to school wrinkled. ;) Just joking. The glory of living in Southern California and being a tacky American, ironing is always optional. :)

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew, here it is also so hot, I wonder if that is an effect of the global warming, unreal!

You are running so well, keep it up like this and enjoy your holiday,

Juli

Debbie said...

Working out in the heat is tough. Sounds like a great weekend, Andrew. (love Christy's comment!)

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda, It's great for relaxing especially when watching the music channels on TV!!

Hye Christy, It awas yesterday in the heat. Maybe I'll move out there and give up ironing!!!

Hey Juli thanks for your continued support.

Hey Debbie, you just get so thirsty on long runs and I hate carrying water with me...

Take care...