Sunday 30 September 2007

What's this all about then...

I started going to the gym about 2 years ago which was about 6 months after successfully stopping smoking, which was a big achievement for me! At that stage the aim was merely to improve fitness and lose a bit of weight as a I had put on some since stopping smoking. At this stage I weighed about 15 stone and I think my body fat was in the region of 28%.

My choice of exercise was the treadmill. I used to run when I was younger as part of a club so for me it was the natural choice. Each day was the same, 2 miles on the treadmill as fast as possible. The goal was to improve each day which at first was quite easy, 30 seconds, 20 seconds 10 seconds etc etc. As the weeks moved on though and my fitness started to improve the gains as you would expect got lower but I was losing weight.

I don't know what the exact period of time was but I lost around 1 1/2 stone. This was great but, during this time I started to read many articles on the Internet about weight loss and fat loss and ways to improve your fitness...

I will post daily blogs which will detail the workouts that I am using and the types of food that I am eating, relevant interesting information that I have found that I think may be useful. I must stress though, this is what has worked for me and it may work for you but in life there are no guarantees. Also the workouts I do now are the culmination of over a year of cardio work so should be entered into with care initially.

Any questions are welcome and advice even more so....

No comments: