Tuesday 22 April 2008

Day 2: The Great Outdoors

Well my abs are killing me today but then that's no real surprise after the workout yesterday and the lack of for the last few months. But it's good to feel the aches of progress again.

I was due to go the gym again this evening but too many family clashes so I opted for a nice run along the beach instead. All in it's around about 3.5 miles. I wear a HR monitor so I know I burnt 580 calories which I was pleased with but the time of 28 minutes 58 seconds was very poor compared to previous times I have put in. But it was a lovely evening and actually very warm so it was really nice running outdoors. I will get my some upper body weights in tomorrow and then lower body on Thursday so there is no loss.

This is one of the biggest impacts I have found with not having a structured routine for a few months and that is a great drop in my fitness levels. I will be moving back into the HIT routines that I did previously but I have some work to do for a few weeks before I think I will be ready for those.

Already starting to feel better with the increased exercise and the eating clean. I think it will take a week or so to get rid of a lot of the toxins, just need to get back into the routine of drinking lots of water. I find this one of the hardest habits to get into and also maintain. I was interested to read Debbie's comment on Adam's blog about it taking 21 days to get into a habit!!

Anyway, another day down.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Otter Christy said...

The water thing is tough for me, too. I'm WALKING now and can go for ALMOST two miles. I agree it is really nice running (or in my case walking/hobbling) outdoors. Glad to have you back.