Monday 3 November 2008

Day 197: Christmas Challenge Day 1

Well today marks the first day of my new challenge. I have eaten and drunk way too much over the past couple of months, especially over the past week so it's time to get back into it big time.

By my calculations there are just under 8 weeks (my god only 8 weeks to Christmas, yippee!!!) to Christmas so lets call it a round 8 weeks.

I am 6ft 1in and today weigh in at 86kgs (I have put 3 of those on in the past week!!), my BF % clocked in at 21.5%. My goal in the next 8 weeks is to lose 4kg (1/2 kg per week) and to reduce my BF% to 17.5%. Based on my past training this will still be tough, admittedly you could do this much faster if you went to extremes but I don't plan on that.

With that said I am also implementing a stretch goal of 80kgs and 16%BF by Christmas. I will eat healthy every day until Christmas except for one cheat meal per week and I will avoid alcohol except for maybe my Christmas party in a month or so. I plan on getting back to training 6 days per week to achieve this. I also vow to try not to repeat a workout within a 2 week period so as to keep things fresh.

I had a great start today with a sort of steady state / HIIT cardio session. 40 minutes on the treadmill, first 5 minutes at 10kph, 2nd at 11 kph, 3rd at 12kph and the 4th at 13 kph, I then reset back down to 10 kph and repeated all over again. Although that averages out at around 11.5 kph for each minute which is not that fast that 5 minute run at 13 kph for minutes 35 - 40 is a tough one especially off the back of a week off.

Still it was a great workout. Tomorrow, it is an early start as I have to travel to the office but I plan on getting the DVDs out when the kids are in bed and a return to Boot Camp so that I get a workout in tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Marbella said...

YEA! You have your new challenge all mapped out and seems like such a good one. Wish you all the best. If you just get out and run some, weights some, you can do it. Both you and Lilla are doing bootcamps. They must work well.
Bye,
Lynda

Mike Groom said...

Wishing you the best for your Christmas Challenge mate! The 8 weeks will pass quickly :)

Ron said...

Go for it Andrew! I know you are consistent with your workouts, now be consistent with your nutrition. Good luck and have a nice Christmas gift to yourself. :)

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew, this is more than possible for you! Go for it!

Juli

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

The training I can cope with it's the nutrition that I have been getting very very relaxed with lately and need to reel in, and get the balance right too. I will give it 110% though!!

Hey Mike, thanks for stopping by. I know it will fly especially with the daily countdown from my kids!!

Hey Ron, Thanks so much. I am going to put a positive mind on, I have done it before so can do it again. I have accomplished so much over the past 3 years or so, stopped smoking lost over 28 pounds in weight, have gotten way way fitter so I know this is nothing compared to that!!

Hey Juli, I am gonna do my best to hit the stretch goal.

Thanks everyone for reading and commenting it means a lot to have your support.

Take care...