Sunday 9 November 2008

Day 203: Christmas Challenge Week 1

Christmas Challenge Day 7


The end of the first week and a pretty good week too. Nutrition has been great. Not a single crisp has passed my lips not even over the weekend. For lunch today I had my cheat meal which for the most part was not too unhealthy. A traditional English roast, however it was pork and there was crackling!! I did ask for a smaller slice of chocolate torte for pudding though, and had a small bit of ice cream with it. It was my cheat meal and no snaks nor cakes have been touched this week. I did not really want any but decided to have it so as to keep my wife happy. If I get too dedicated she starts getting on her high horse about how unhealthy I am being eating all this healthy food!!!!!

Went swimming with the boys after my brother and his wife left and managed to get in a few lengths when they were playing with there friends. As soon as I got back I got changed and went out for a run. It was already almost dark by that stage and very windy.

Wanted to get halfway round quickly as there are no street lights on the beach or the mud track that takes me back up to the main road. My trainers are now quite black from the mud as I could not really see the puddles or mud!!! It was a really strange run though, haven't run in the dark for ages and it has been chilly and very windy all day but it was actually quite warm.

It was dark by the time that I got home. Reasonable time just over 27 mins. It was really windy on the home stretch and I have to admit my quads are suffering a bit from the leg raises and squats I did on Friday.

Only this evening to go and I have made it 7 days without a drink. Now don't get me wrong I am not a heavy drinker even when I drink and I never drink in the week but I do love a couple of pints at the weekend so not drinking anything over the weekend is a big thing for me. I have no concerns about tonight though and feel fitter and healthier for a clean week.

Although I do not want to get too hung up on the stats I am hoping for some great results tomorrow when I weigh myself and do my BF% but I am not going to get too overjoyed if it's great or too down if it's not. I will keep going no matter what for the next 7 weeks.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Too funny! Unhealthy eating all that unhealthy food. Kind of reminds me of the old joke about the guy who says to a fitness fanatic. "You'll be sorry when you're lying in hospital, dying of nothing!".

Unknown said...

Good luck on your new challenge and congrats on a great first week!

Andrew said...

Hey Mike, I agree not sure where the loginc fits into to either of those!!!

Hey Diane, Thanks so much for dropping by