Tuesday 4 November 2008

Day 198: Whoaaa there Billy

Christmas Challenge Day 2


Well I was going for basic boot camp tonight but decided against it due to doing weights tomorrow in the gym and only having my tea 90 minutes before my workout.

I did however tackle Ab Bootcamp instead. For those of you not familiar these are 1 of series of DVDs by Billy Blanks, his bootcamp series. He has many out and apparently they are very popular in North America. They are combination of body weight exercises and also using the "Billy Bands". You may laugh as I first did when I bought the series over a year ago. I thought hey I am pretty fit now, I do a fair amount of weights this is gonna be a bit easy!!

Trust me it's far from easy. The snag behind all these workouts is almost no rest for the entire workout. I will explain the others as i do them but basically the Ab Bootcamp as a simply exercise that you always return to in between each one that you do, so your rests are always doing what they call slimming.

So it's a 30 minute ab workout and also a cardio workout, believe I was sweating big time when I finished a few minutes ago and I know my abs are going to be sore tomorrow. Again if you don't believe me go out and buy it and vie it a try you can get them on Amazon pretty cheap now and they are great if you can't get to the gym or out of the house one day.

Nutrition was good today especially as I was in the office, Banana and apple for breakfast when I got to the office as I leave at 5.30am then another banana mid morning, a chicken salad baguette for lunch on granary and another apple and then 2 chicken burgers, 2 tomatoes, cucumber and about 250g of mixed rice (cooked weight). I know I have not had enough fluids today but they always suffer when I go to the office as I am constantly in and out of meetings, still the nutrition was great today.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: