Wednesday 12 November 2008

Day 206: Keeping That Motivation

Christmas Challenge Day 10

I foolishly stepped on the scales today only 2 days after doing my stats and have put on weight since Monday. Or I should say I weighed more than I did Monday. I haven't started eating differently and I am still training hard. I should know better as I know your body fluctuates during the week and I also don't know whether this was fat or muscle as I did no BF measurement. Regardless I should have known better.

That said though it can still knock the confidence by not keeping on that downward trend. How do you stay motivated? It would have been really easy to say today well all this effort I am putting in isn't working so why bother? Needless to say I didn't I had a great weights session and added in an extra ab exercise today also. There are always going to be ups and downs and I know that in the long run or in this case over the 8 weeks that week on week I will see the results, just not continually during the week.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Marbella said...

You my amigo Andrew, have just found out what NOT to do. Throw those blasted scales out the door. I haven´t weighed now in about a month, as I don´t feel like going into a mad spiral out of control. If I feel perfectly happy right now, then go weight, I´ll be totally unhappy. Not at all worth it. We need to find another way to measure out progress. You don´t worry. Am sure you are TRULY on your way to goal. Remember The Alamo!
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda, Unfortunately I cannot throw them out as I need my weight to input into the BF machine. However, I will not check during weeks again!!!

Take care...