Thursday 13 November 2008

Day 207: HIIT with a Difference

Christmas Challenge Day 11

Back to an old routine for me but possibly a new one if you are reading this. I call this one my HIIT incline session.

20 minutes on the treadmill all run at 10kph.

Minute 1 at 1% incline
Minute 2 at 3% incline
Minute 3 at 6% incline
Minute 4 at 9% incline

You then repeat this cycle another 4 times. As usual that killer 21st minute is added on the end and today I managed that final minute at 10% incline for the whole minute.

All in all I was pretty pleased with that as it is a long time since I have run this. It is a real killer on the quads and calf muscles.

Then I did 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the handbike and 5 minutes on the cross trainer, the same details as for last weeks session. The incline HIIT is a huge calorie burner, 350+ calories in 21 minutes.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fantastic workout Andrew. Now that's burning some calories!

Andrew said...

Hey Debbie, it sure does burn them but it is exhausting though!!!

Take care...