Sunday 4 November 2007

Day 35: Keep the faith....

That was a fantastic rest day and sooo what my body needed. I had a good chill out, nice swim which really sorted the remaining aches out in my legs. I ate clean all day to counteract the lack of a workout but boy is it getting hard now. I am planning a great meal for next weekend after the shred has finished. Also starting to get some cravings now as I have been eating so clean. I suddenly thought yesterday I have not had a crisp for over 2 weeks. I love crisps, I really could eat them all day and used to have 2 - 3 bags a day!!

I think it will be very important to indulge when the shred is over but carefully. Even though the shred will be over I will have around 3 weeks left in my own personal challenge so I will have a week of eating clean but not as clean as the last 2 just so that my body has a chance to get rid of all it's cravings and so I do not go into starvation mode and then it will be a final 2 week shred to get to my 10 weeks goal!!

Today's Workout

As I said the final aches went with my swim yesterday, or so I thought! Another hectic pre warm-up ironing, lots more this week as the kids were back at school so there were about 7 sets of uniforms!! Usual 5 mins on the treadmill to warm-up and then it was the dreaded lower body supersets...

Squats first and at the bottom of the first squat the aches came straight back. They were hard work but reassuringly not as hard as the first time! The workout was:

3 sets of 15 reps:

Barbell squats supersetted with dumbbell lunges
Barbell dead lifts supersetted with dumbbell step-ups

So this time there was only 30 rest between exercises rather than 1 minute, but all 3 sets rather than 4 but 15 reps instead of 10. The weight was lowered slightly to take into account the higher reps.

Made it through and could still work, did some additional lower back machine sets just as extra 2 sets of 15 and then called it quits.

Had another swim this afternoon which seemed to help my legs somewhat. Cardio tomorrow and only 3 more days of training left before my final photo!!

Ohh before I forget I had my BF rechecked today and it would seem my fears were correct about the false positive reading. It measured an average of 14% today. I am kind of pleased about this in a way as to lose that much BF and see very little change in my body was a little worrying. I think it must have been the weights that changed it! I will still be re-doing my stats officially tomorrow though so stay tuned.

Keep up the amazing work everyone, I am still checking on you all just have very limited time to comment at the moment. You are all doing fantastically though.

Until tomorrow....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

no worries about lack of comments...we are all busy and can relate. just keep doing what you are doing. a lot of people say don't fret over the numbers. when your clothes fit differently that is a tell tale. you'll be able to tell in your own skin. this coming from someone who weighs herself most everyday!!!lol.

Sammy said...

14% sounds good to me mate. And the cravings... Ohhhh the cravings... I've been batting them off for 3 days in a row now I don't know how long I'm gonna keep going mate!

AaaaaW!

Bec said...

Keep away from those crisps. Just remember how horrible and geasy they'll make you feel if you do eat them. And you can never stop at one. Not worth it.
Bec

Otter Christy said...

More IRONING! Can't you just shake them really hard when you pull them out of the dryer and hang them. Seriously, all this ironing must be stopped! :)

Great job. I'm thinking a crisp is a potato chip if I have my Brit to American translator on the right way.

I still see a HUGE difference and think these results are the false positives. :) Don't try to make me be logical. It's not my thing.

Seriously, great job on the workout and great job on the REST.

Unknown said...

Andrew:
Based on your dedication, you deseve to indulge in what your body is carving...in moderation. You're leaning out nicely.

Andrew said...

Hi Suzette,

You are so right and thanks for your continued kind comments as I know you are exceedingly busy also. I am getting concerned about having to get another load of new trousers!!

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Sammy,

Don't get me wrong I am very pleased with it!! Keep the faith man we are nearly there and then you can have a treat, but only a bit, don't go overboard. Have a small treat for 3 days in a row rather than a huge binge that way you will not go over your maintenance calories.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hi Bec,

I know but they tasts so good!! This is what happens when you deprive your body for an extended period of time in my experience. I was a close one today but there are only 3 days left so I WILL HANG ON. Please everyone else do the same, a few more days will make all the difference.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Diane,

Thanks for the positive comments, I think I am starting to see that now too! But I will refrain for a few days more, I will keep the cravings in check and then in moderation have some treats once the shred is over!!

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Thanks so much. No they have to be ironed!!! Yes you are correct crisps = potato chips and I could eat them for Britain!!! And indeed have done in the past!

You still have not checked your old posts yet!!

Take care,

Andrew