Wednesday 7 November 2007

Day 38: Still all bunged up :-((

The penultimate day of the first ever Adam Water's group shred. I can't believe that I am not going to be able to workout to finish it off. BUT do you want to here something really strange.....in the past 2 days I have not had a workout but I really feel that I am still losing bodyfat. I am still eating relatively clean but probably taking in more calories than I would normally but then I find that my body needs the extra to fuel the immune system.

Whether it is this effect, my body is burning the fat as it is more active fighting the infection I do not know. Any comments?????

My Pledge to You All

Tomorrow is the final day. Take some pics in the morning and send them off to Adam and then it will be the continuation until 7th Jan 2008 and I will make a promise now that I will visit each and everyone of your blogs everyday and I will post comments at least twice a week, if not more.

Well, I am going to sign off now, I have had a great time over the last 13 days so far and now consider you all as friends even though we have never met. I look forward to the next 10 weeks until the launch of next group shred. Keep up the great work everyone. Just think what your day 83 pics will look like when GS 2 goes live!!!!

Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

Otter Christy said...

I'm gonna guess. :) Increased muscle mass means you burn more calories all the time. So, even if you are eating more it may not be more than BEFORE you built up all that new muscle. So, you are still burning fat away even if you are not doing cardio or anything provided there is some kind of calorie deficit. I know that when we burn calories it is both fat and muscle, but with your training I think your muscles have been built up and are still recovering and growing or something like that.

Okay. I'll check tomorrow to see what Dougal and Adam and fitness people wrote to see if I got it right.

Sorry to hear your sick. I'm glad you're not missing work, and now I'm REALLY glad you didn't work out. I didn't know the consequences would be that dire.

Good to know.

Happy Day 13? (It's already early morning 14 here. I'm writing you from the future, you know.) Get plenty of rest.

Andrew said...

Hey Future Christy,

I've never sent messages into the future before!!!

You could be right, I genuinly don't know though and of course I could be imagining it, but I don't think I am.

I didn't either, I knew that it would take longer to recover but was not aware that there was THAT much on the line!

Early morning warm-up ehh for that trip to the kitchen, don't forget the dog, can you get a cow in the background through the kitchen window ;-)

Have a great day, enjoy yourself, enjoy your day and I will talk to you in the past again tomorrow!

Take care,

Andrew

Sammy said...

Hey andrew! Hope you're getting well soon mate. Anyways, I guess it's not only you. From my personal experience, the day after I consume more calories than maintenance (maybe cheat meal or something), I tend to lose weight and look even slimmer. This will go on for 1-2 days (for me) and then it levels off. Maybe it's the same for you cause of the increased metabolism

Anonymous said...

ok would this be considered a "computer virus" for us to be sick across the internet waves? lol. Christy, good one about writing from the future!
Andrew, we will be here for another day. let's get some rest and then we can come back "kickin' "!

Unknown said...

Andrew:
Great results and greater ones to come. Will be checking in on you.
Diane