Thursday 22 November 2007

Day 53: Easing back in!

Back to the gym for the first time in 7 days!! I have been exercising just not in the gym for a change and the last few days I have not been feeling great so I have not been training.

Today's workout was not an intense one and neither will tomorrow's as I really want to make sure that I shift this bug this time. I did 5 minute warm up on the treadmill followed by a mixture of different upper body weights for around 10 minutes. I then moved onto a 20 minutes ab session incorporating some lower back too.

Felt really good but despite the lack of intensity was still pretty warn out. Tomorrow will a nice long run, not the usual sprint this will be a 40 - 45 minute run at a moderate pace.

I need to get back to peak for the start of next week!!??

Well as of next week the 2 week countdown begins. That's the remainder of time I have left in order to hit my 10 week goal which was to lose 6% body fat. That means I need to get down to 12%. Last time I measured I was 13.5% ish so there is still all to play for. So it will be another 14 day shred for me. Really concentrating on getting rid of that last 1.5% BF as that then just leaves 2% to reach my ultimate goal, one which I have been trying to reach for some time now.

2 weeks and counting.

Until tomorrow....

4 comments:

dougal said...

Sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time right now bud.
My impression is that you have been going hard for a long time now, especially pushing the cardio, and your immune system is saying "slow down fella, a bit of a rest might be nice." Doesn't hurt to take a complete week off in every 12. No cardio, no weights, nothing. You always come back stronger.
Take Care.

Debbie said...

We're all here to cheer you on to goal. Once your momentum picks back up again there'll be no stopping you!

Debbie

Andrew said...

Hey Dougal,

Thanks mate, your always on hand with great results and I have had a good few days off now and in another 2 weeks I will take a whole week off!! That is the end of my 10 week session (it will be slightly longer due to misses with my PT) but it will be the end of the goal and hopefully I will have reached my 6% loss.

take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Thanks Debbie,

Your support means a lot.

take care,

Andrew