Tuesday 13 November 2007

Day 44: Real Time Chat...

Well I think I have most people added to MSN messenger now which is great and have already had some chats with Christy, Joni and Dougal which was real nice. Much better in "real" time. My pic all be it not great quality is viewable when I am online so all those who are really interested just log on and have a chat!!

Another early morning start followed by a whole day training people then back home in the rain, see my wife and kids for an hour or so, kids to bed and then down the gym for 45 minutes.

Today's Workout

Lower body supersets today, hopefully very little aches tomorrow, time will tell.

10 x barbell squats
10 x lunges

Got through 3 of these until a very kind and thoughtful member of the gym strode in and took over the weight rack so I then adapted the remainder of my workout to use the machines.

15 x lower back machine - 4 sets
10 X squat machine - 2 sets
10 x leg extension - 2 sets

Felt great afterwards except for my left quad. Whenever I do lunges I get this pain in my left quad in the left side just above the knee. It feels like someone is sticking lots of knives into me muscle. As soon as I stop it stops, kind of like pins and needles but using knives!! My PT has never heard of this before, any suggestions???

I guess it would be a good idea to stop them but there is no after effects that I suffer from it is just during the workout!!

Right gonna go to bed now as I have been up since 5am and did not sleep well last night.

Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

Otter Christy said...

Andrew! Nooooo! That feeling sounds scarily familiar. Do not ignore that feeling.

Check your posture. Make sure your hip is tucked under and your back is straight. NO CURVE. FLAT, FLAT BACK. The sciatic nerve runs down from lower back down both sides and compression of your lower spine sends phantom pains that FEEL exactly like what you are describing (later mine came with knee pain and later with spasms). I can feel my right quad aching as I even think about your post.

You got me with the pins and needles but like knives description. Dude, I ignored it, and I don't want to mail you my walker.

Pins and needles = Can be Nerve stuff
Numbness = Can be Nerve stuff
Shooting, radiating pain = Always Nerve Stuff

I am also very paranoid. Check with Dougal or somebody or Doc.

Flat back. Hip tucked under. Knee never extended past foot.

Please be careful. If it hurts TAKE A BREAK. Sharp pain, knife like-pain is BAD.

Fun talking to you, too. Thanks for the shout-out.