Monday 26 November 2007

Day 57: Another day another 500+ calories...

My neck is still a bit tight but I have had the go ahead that it should be OK to do some weights so that will be target for the latter half of the week. Today however it was another cardio session and I stayed true to my mini goal for the next 2 weeks and blasted another 500 calories.

Today's Workout

It was straight onto the treadmill today for the HIT sprints. This is performed as varying speeds at intervals of 1 minute. You can adjust the speeds to your own fitness levels.

I did the following:

1 min at 6 kph
1 min at 12 kph
1 min at 14 kph
1 min at 16 kph

Then it was on to the following:

1 min at 6 kph
1 min at 13 kph
1 min at 15 kph
1 min at 17 kph


This was performed 3 times in a row and then a final cycle of:

1 min at 6 kph
1 min at 12 kph
1 min at 14 kph
1 min at 16 kph and then the 21st minute. Each time I perform this I always add in the 21st minute just to ensure that I push it slightly further each time. The last time I did this it was 50 seconds at 17kph and 10 seconds at 18kph. Today it was 40 seconds at 17kph and 20 seconds at 18kph, that just over 11 mph for those that prefer.


I was shattered after that 21 minutes and needed a good stretch to keep the muscles loose. Next was the stationary bike, 10 minutes in 5 minute intervals at an effort level of 6 and 10 keeping around 100 rpms at EL 6 and 90 rpms at the EL of 10.

Then finally the elliptical cross trainer for 5 minutes at an effort level of 12 keeping around about 140-150 spm.

That burnt around 538 calories for today. Then it was home for a nutritious tuna salad. I hope to get to the gym tomorrow but I have a trip to the office so will be back late. Fingers crossed as I want a good BF test on Wednesday when I have my stats taken.

Well that's all for today folks.

Until tomorrow....

4 comments:

Sammy said...

Hey buddy! Don't worry I may not be leaving comments but I still do read everyday ;P

Well, how about eating a half english breakfast? Or just eat till you're just full, sounds better than cereal aye?

Unknown said...

Wow the calories burned must be that Breaky with your wife:-) Go ahead and enjoy your breaky; just don't finish all the muffin or bread!

Marbella said...

Hi Andrew,
So glad you are enjoying Christmas already. I too just put up my tree, tho is not decorated. Fun.

Hey thanx for the offer to fix my pictures. This last time I did them exactly the same, but when I tried to change the Image size, the height was twice that of the original photo. I couldn´t make the height work, as the width got wider. So a mess. Why? What did I do wrong that didn´t do before?
Anyway, will try it again and see if the next time is easier...
Lynda

KaliLilla.com said...

18kph?!? I'm surprised the treadmill didn't start smoking.

You've earned that English breakfast - just stay away from the Scotch woodcock!