Monday 12 November 2007

Day 43: Personal Training Day & Comments

Time is flying past, day 43 already. It was my PT session today and also time for some stats. I am not going to go into the usual detail this week as I still think things are a bit up and down and I do not want to get too tied up in the numbers. I was 14% BF today which is actually down on last week which is great news but I had a heavy weights session yesterday which could have skewed the results. The main thing is I am back in the groove giving it 110%, I am thinking positively and I am going to succeed in reaching my goal.

I will go back to analysing my BF in weeks to come as this is the only way I can be sure I have reached my goal and I will reach it!!! Thanks everyone for your comments, especially you Dougal, appreciate it mate, I know I was over analysing things and it was I guess more for new people to the blog than for myself and also to keep myself accountable.

A general comment to everyone or anyone reading, if you post a comment today would you check the next time you visit to see if I have commented on that or is it better to reply back to your comment in your blog?

So as I said today was my PT session and a hard session it was today. A hard cardio session with lots of variety:

PT Session Workout

Run
2 km on the treadmill in 10 minutes, and this was roughly, 1 min at 6 kph, 1 min at 10 kph, 1 min at 11 kph, 1 minute at 12 kph, 1 min at 13 kph, 4 minutes at 14 kph and 1 minute at 16 kph following by a quick warm down jog.

Row
Next it was onto the rowing machine (concept 2 rower). I used the highest setting today (10) and set the distance to 3000 metres. Averages about 1m 51 secs / 500 metres which is around 28 strokes per minute and this brings it out to just over 11 minutes for the full 3000 metres. A good 2 minutes rest was then had. If you have not rowed before I highly recommend this. It is an amazing full body workout especially on a high setting. However it is also a killer!! But as with all high intensity sessions they burn huge amounts of calories, and this was estimated at around 250 calories for 11 minutes.

Abs
Next was a 20 minutes ab session, comprising of a whole host of different exercises, from utilising the fitball and weights for extra resistance, then onto the mat for some planks and full sit-ups. A few others as well and I have yet to find names for these. Again this was made tougher by the row before hand.

Bike
And we are no finished yet, next was the stationary bike for 8 minutes (why 8 minutes???) because I had 18 minutes of my PT session left. So 8 mins on effort level 6 I think it was at around 100 rpm.

Elliptical Crosstrainer
And finally the crosstrainer for 10 minutes, effort level 10 averaging around 145 spm. A great finish to the workout.

This was just what I needed to get back into it. The whole workout burned around 750 - 800 calories which is great. Could still feel the weights session from yesterday so that it is good to see it is still working and the row today I can certainly feels in my upper back now.

Lower body weights tomorrow when I get back from the office, another early start so I get to see hopefully another great sunrise. A good clean day with regards to nutrition getting ready for my weekly pic!! I will need to send mine early to Adam as I am going to Scotland for 4 days, Friday through Monday to see my Dad. Looking forward to some nice hilly runs while I am there. Anyway poses some problems with blogging, I will hopefully find a way but don't want to risk the pic so will send this early.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Until tomorrow....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew:
I feel exhausted after reading what you did today:-) That is a kicker of a session, but nonetheless a goodie.

Adam Waters said...

What a shred! 700 plus calories, that is a huge session, I look forward to seeing your Sunday pix mate.

Adam J

Otter Christy said...

Wow! What a workout.

Hey, baby, my blog our yours? lol

Yours. I like the comment back to be near the original comments so I know what its about. I get loopy sometimes.

Anonymous said...

i think most everyone replies to comments in their own comments window. however you want to do it will be fine. i tend to look back at old posts to check out new comments made by others. plus you can check to receive email notification of comments made. that helps alot.
glad to see you back in the swing of things. i am really dragging my feet along those lines. spending too much time doing this! lol. but know i will be back in it soon!

Andrew said...

Hi Diane,

I did feel good after it I must admit.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Adam,

Thanks man, getting back into it 110%, no looking back now, moderation all the way.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Nice one Christy, great chatting with you this morning, I will find a better quality pic soon and add it to MSN. Looking forward to talking again soon.

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Suzette,

I am sure you will get back to it soon.

Take care,

Andrew