Tuesday 20 November 2007

Day 51: I'm back from beyond....

Wow, 4 days away and it feels like a lifetime. For 4 days no car, no Internet connection, no DVDs, no gym, what a life we now lead and have we become too spoilt??

I was only in Scotland but my Dad is still very much in the past, not even a dial up connection in site! I had hoped I may be able to piggyback a nearby wireless connection but there were none, maybe an Internet cafe, no chance and as a last resort connect using my phone but alas it is new and it did not hold any of the WAP connection details and there was no Internet connection to get them sent from!! So no way to blog!! First 4 days that I have missed.

Got up there Friday to a very cold and drizzly day. It brightened a bit later but I decided to grin and bear the weather and go for a run, only took shorts and vests for the gym so prepared for a cold one. I thought I would run to the neighbouring town which I have not been to for a couple of years. No idea how far it was so set off with MP3 in full swing. Wow it was cold!!! and wet and getting dark!! Still I kept going, the next town was a lot further than I remember, nice and hilly too. It's been a few months since I have run outside and I was surprised at the pace I kept especially with the hills.

Made it to the next town and turned around to find a very stiff and very cold breeze against me, was getting much darker by then and more moisture in the air. Just had to get back now. Still kept pace with a nice sprint finish and a respectable time of just over 39 minutes, only trouble was I didn't know how far it was. Fortunately we were driving there that evening to eat so I clocked the milometer to see how far and it came out around 5 - 5.1 miles round trip. Averages at about an 8 minute mile which I am very pleased with especially due to the hills and the cold.

Apart from this and lots of walking that was it. I went to the gym for a workout but was turned away. No induction, no workout. even though I had my electronic gym key with me to prove I am a member they would not let me in. And of course no appointments for inductions.

We are constantly told to keep fit and slim down but remember to make an appointment to do this first!!!!

I know I could have worked out at my Dads place but to tell you the truth I was actually really enjoying all the walking I was doing and I was doing way more than usual and it felt like quite a nice change. I actually had a few aches from the run too, first time outside for a while coupled with not having run this distance for a while but it felt really good none the less.

So back home now, but again I am not feeling great, I really cannot believe this. I stayed away today from the gym as I really felt lousy again. Not really ill again but itchy eyes, bunged up etc etc, not a great idea to push 110% down the gym. I really need to get rid of this once and for all.

Nutrition wise I have been quite good lately, all moderation. My Dad and I had a few meals out but I went for reasonably healthy options but I did have a couple of puddings but I still felt like I was keeping below my maintenance with all the extra walking.

So finally after trawling through a 100+ work emails this morning I took a break and got a chance to catch up with RTP, wow what has he been up to and where was my protective red blob over my face??? First impressions were *&$T as despite most of you seeing my pic on MSN I had not asked Adam to reveal, but then I did not ask him to cover again either!! Either way after a few seconds shock I thought hey, if someone sees me what the hell, you only live once, how mad can my wife get, well pretty mad actually but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!! So I am now available for all to see, trouble is it means I'll have to smile and shave now!!!

Everybody's weekly accountability looks amazing and I will get around to posting on everyones blogs, got a lot of catching up to do though. I have all your blogs on RSS feed so I will read them first and then come commenting.

Thanks for all the well wishes and looking for me coming back, really did miss you all and couldn't wait to catch up on everything!!!

Well I hope to be well enough to lift some weights tomorrow and get back into the swing of things.

Until tomorrow....

10 comments:

Sammy said...

Hey mate! Glad to see you back. Running through the hills sound fun ;P Anyway, take care of yourself man and I'll see you on MSN when I have the chance.

Oh haha btw, I was thinking ??? when I saw your face on Adam's site cause I was kinda surprised you decided to go full blast!

Miriam said...

I understand your concerns about being found on the web by people that know you. When I started RTP I felt that I could not be completely honest if I disassociated myself with my picture. The thing that I never want to do is to hurt my husband's feelings; therefore I showed him the transformation blog as soon as when I started it. He thinks that keeping the blog is fun and complements me on it. Although I do not advertise it, I can not imagine how stressed I would be if I where blogging and trying to hide it.

Adam Waters said...

Sorry mate! I didn't even think about keeping that red blob on your face, if u want I can put it back on. Just let me know.

Hope you get back to 100% soon,
Adam

Otter Christy said...

That was only four days. I was going into Andrew withdrawal. Sheesh. Don't do that to me again. :) Just joking.

I hate it when my "protective red blob" gets taken away. Why do I find that so funny! By the time it gets back to your wife, if ever, she will be so enthralled with your hot bod to give you a hard time. ;)

Naturally, no need to go through my feeds. I blog LONG. I have nothing else to keep me sane, so it's largely therapeutic.

MSN messenger keeps telling me to download the new version like every single time I try to open it. I've downloaded and installed it like a million times and it monkeys with my iChat.

Did I miss some step? If you know.

The short version. Missed you. Glad your back. Love the pic!

Andrew said...

Hey Sammy,

Thanks mate, it was fun actually, makes a change from the gym!! Definately chat soon, I was surprised too mate!!! But it is cool.

Thanks for the tips too, stay tuned for an overhaul!!!

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Miriam,

I wish my wife was the same. She feels my goals are pointless which is why I have chosen not to keep the blog a secret from her but rather just not tell her about it. Too much negativity radiates from her about this!!

Glad your husband is with you, it makes a big difference!

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Adam,

It's all cool mate, thanks for another helping hand!!

Take care,

Andrew

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Don't you just, I'm not normally seen without my red blob!!

Well my phone now has the WAP settings so it will never be 4 days again.

I wish, she thinks I am skin and bones and wants me to put some fat on!! That's support.

The only thing that I can think is you did install the Mac version? If so try uninstalling and then re-install and see if that helps.

Take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

Wait was is the uninstall, you speak of of? And how do I do that? Can I just drag stuff into the trash? How do I know which one's which? It doesn't just like replace the old one? Holy smokes! Good gravy! What have I done?

I installed the Mac version, too because I use a Mac. Oh, yeah, baby that's is how we roll up in here!

Umm. what's going on w/ me?

A guest starring entry on Blood, Sweat and Tears--Wow that would be better than when the Love Boat got shipwrecked on Fantasy Island.

Did you see those shows as a kid, too?

All questions in all my comments are optional.

If I could pick just one to save you time, it would be whether or not you saw the Love Boat or Fantasy Island for me.

As evidenced by many of my blog entries and my entire life, I have "my priorities screwed up."

Andrew said...

Well I have heard of the Love Boat and maybe seen bits but was not that big in the UK, at least I don't think it was. Not heard of fantasy island though.

Sorry never used a mac so not sure how to unistall. On windows you go into the control panel and click on add / remove programs and then uninstall from there.

I am really serious about writing a post for me, you write so differently to me, it would be great to have a well written piece on my blog!!

Take care,

Andrew