Tuesday 2 September 2008

Day 135: HIT me

Yep another HIT session today, exactly the same as last Thursdays except the last 40 seconds was at 17 kph rather than 30 seconds, gotta keep cranking it up each time.

Another set of great Abs today also. My triceps believe it or not are still aching from last Friday's weights session!! Must have done me a lot of good.

Recorded the HIT session on my Nike + today although I do not run that far in it and the pace is not that great either despite going up to speeds of 16 kph but it has gotten me off the mark.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Juan said...

Hey there,
Nice work with your HIIT: What ab exercises are you doing?

Andrew said...

Hi Juan,

Thanks for dropping by. I generally use a fitball and 5kg medicine ball to start with. I do 20 - 40 crunches on the fitball whilst holding the medicine ball on my forhead. Then 20 - 30 oblique crunches on each side this time tucking ball by the side of my neck. Then I pass the ball between my feet and hands 20 times whilst lying on my back it is a reall killer that one. Then around 40 twists followed by a frotn plank for 1 minute and then 2 side blanks (alternate sides) for 30 seconds each.

I probably spend around 10 - 15 minutes every 3 - 4 days doing abs, short very intense workouts.

Take care...