Wednesday 10 September 2008

Day 143: Gotta Sort This Out

I think my calories must have dropped too low again. My legs felt like tree trunks today and it must have been the worst 10k time I have posted yet, over 52 minutes. I cam home and had a hearty bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich.

I will have to see what to do tomorrow, may go to the gym for some upper body rather than run but will see how I feel. Have certainly lost a bit of body fat but not huge amounts so I hope that it's just dropping too low on carbs for a couple of days. I haven't purposely done it and I even at extra yesterday to try and compensate, guess I still haven't gotten used to the extra calorie expenditure of all these 10k runs I do now!

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew, I know these days. You are doing great, and your sandwich sounds delicious...sometimes I have a banana in my hand when I go for a run becasue I am very afraid of these wobbly legs...Juli

Marbella said...

A day off will certainly help, and you just might see a big surge in your run. JULI is right...eating a banana right before you run will help. I often do that so will get a lift. Think tho that you probably are just tired. But hey, I´ll take a 10K any day at 52 minutes! YOu are doing much better than you give yourself credit for....
Lynda

Bec said...

Just droppin' by to say Hi.
Bec

Andrew said...

Hi Juli, They were heavy legs not wobbly ones yesterday, I agree I hate the wobbly legs!! I always have a banana about 1 hour before running, any closer and I would struggle to run having eaten so close!!

Hey Lynda, It has, I think a combination of tiredness and lack of calories, went to gym today and had a good feed up!!

Thanks for dropping by Bec.

Take care...