Tuesday 9 September 2008

Day 142: Running in the Rain

Not much choice if you want to run outside in the UK at the moment. Funny thing is though it seems to be much more relaxing running in the rain, don't ask me why. Managed to get back before it really started pouring down today. Managed to notch another 10k under the belt.

Slowed it a down a bit today though, not enough carbs yesterday I think but still came in just over the 50 minute mark so not too slow.

Gonna try to get that 60k done again this week. I have a couple of days away from home next week because of business so I want a good week this week. I will be going running with an old friend on one of those days which will be great. Makes the miles go so much faster when you run with someone.

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Ron said...

It's rainy season here in Manila as well. Tomorrow morning if it rains when I plan to do some HIIT running, I might just go and run in the rain! Should be a good change from running in high humidity!

Marbella said...

Hey, it´s supposed to rain in Madrid tonite too. Let´s all run in the rain together. Wish I could see how you do it ANDREW...take care and don´t slip!
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew, I wish it would rain a bit here too, the air smells so dirty.

Congrats, you are doing so well.

Juli

Debbie said...

Andrew, I used to jog with a friend and we chatted the entire time until the last 1/4 mile where we raced to the finish!

Sounds like your running program is going well.

Andrew said...

Hey Ron, Nice I like it, you'll be surprised how nice it is!!

Hey Lynda, Hope things are cooling down for you over there and you got a chance to run in the rain.

Hey Juli thanks for your support, I hope you get some rain soon.

Hi Debbie, That's exactly the same as my friend and I, she is much better than me so she tends to talk more (plus she's a woman so she can talk more anyway!!! ;-)) and before you know it we have run for nearly an hour!!

Take care...