Thursday 25 September 2008

Day 158: Pace Car

Had a lovely run today which turned out to be quite interesting. I guess I was about halfway round my 5k circuit when a friend of mine pulled around the corner in his car and we briefly talked as I continued running as it was a very quiet little road and we were heading in the same direction. He was spurring me on so I jokingly said are you going to pace me!!!

Anyway if shot off but then about 50 yards up the road it turns into a very bumpy dirt track. I thought I would have a go at catching him which turned out to be quite easy. A courier van was about another 200 yards up the track and the delivery guy was out delivering, now it's only a single lane dirt track!! So I cruised up past both of them and continued along the lane. By the time I got to the end he was still not in sight.

I eventually passed him about 1k from my house so he had been caught up for quite some time!! Put in a pretty decent time for my 5k. Feeling good from the weights session yesterday.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Marbella said...

There´s ole ANDREW back! Sounds like a great workout...
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

Great that you are feeling better and that you are back...Juli

Andrew said...

Hey Juli / Lynda,

It was a great workout indeed but still along way from being myself unfortunately.

Take care...