Sunday 6 July 2008

Day 77: Coming back strong

After a pretty bad week I finally got a run in. Finished off the household chores and went to the cinema with the kids and then hit the beach when I got back. Went on my log route today and really went for it. Had a nice tailwind along the beach but unfortunately that is only for about a third of the run.

Still at the first check I was well in front of my best time again but I still had the strong winds on the way home to contend with.

I kept pushing all the way and eventually finished in a fantastic time of 38m 49s which is well over a minute better than my best run over this distance. I will be interested to see what the Nike + Sportsband says for distance as I have measured it on Google Earth to be around 8km.

I'll need to be running that everyday to catch up with everyone by the time it arrives.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: