Tuesday 8 July 2008

Day 79: Nike +...Let's Do It

The weather was miserable in the UK again today, had to pick my Dad up from hospital today so that meant no workout at lunchtime as usual but as my Nike + Sports Band turned up there was no way I wasn't going to fit in a run today, had to get a run posted up ASAP. Probably shouldn't have gone today either as I think that I may be getting what the kids had last week. Never the less I went but took it easy and did not go all out.

I think it's gonna take a few days to a week to get the sensor calibrated as it reported a distance of 9.24 kms and I have measured it on both Google Earth and Google maps and it comes out at 8 kms. I will try to map out a precise distance and calibrate it that way so that it is a bit more precise.

Still I got my numbers up so I am playing the catch up game now.

I shall get out for another run tomorrow in between the rain that is forecast or maybe even try it out on the treadmill at the gym, I have read that they are not as accurate on the treadmills though. Only one way to find out though!!

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Michael said...

Calibration is the key. Those things are a pain though!

juli gets happy said...

Great that you are running with us now, :-D, you will love it.

Otter Christy said...

I like that you get credit for a little extra, because you got a million miles in before the sensor arrived and started the challenge a little late. :)

Wasn't that Wimbledon final amazing! It was so inspiring to watch just how amazingly fit Nadal and Federer are. I thought they couldn't top last year, but it was even more amazing this year. It was a HISTORIC match. I went out and did my longest walk ever the next day. It was so inspiring. :)

Adam was writing about blog commenting. I remember how I lived for your comments. So cool. We're busier now, but it still go the same old magic.

KaliLilla.com said...

Do you have access to a track? That worked great in calibrating mine. It's not that hard once you measure out a 1/4 mile distance and keep a steady pace throughout. Shred on!

Andrew said...

I'll keep you posted Mike...

Thanks Juli got a lot of catch up this month though!!

Hey Christy, thanks for the comments today, never knew you looked forward to the comments so!! I will make time to stop by and see you more now that things in my life are calming down. I love it when you stop by you always brighten things!!

Hey Lilla, I'm sure there is one near by but I have most of my training runs mapped out through google maps so I am pretty confident on the distance. I started calibrating today so that should get it closer to the actual figure.

Thanks all,

Andrew