Monday 21 July 2008

Day 92: Mixed Up

Well I followed through with my routine today and went for my HIT sprint session at the gym. It was time to turn it up a notch as well.

The last routine was 4 minutes at the following intervals, 6kph, 12 kph, 14 kph & 16 kph. This was then repeated another 4 times (total of 5) with an additional minute at 16 kph.

Today's was getting back to close to what I used to be able to run. However I only cranked up the 4th minute. I went to 17 kph for cycle 2, 3 & 4 then back to 16 kph for the final cycle but again with the 21st minute at 16kph. It was tough but then it was supposed to be, I reckon I can push that harder too next time.

Then it was onto the abs. Gave an extra 10 on each of the exercises today too. Starting to see a few changes now and a bit of weight seems to be edging off. Just need to control the nutrition over my vacation.

Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew,

sounds very god what you are doing. Keep the intensity up.

And run hard,

Juli

Adam Waters said...

Awesome work mate! That is the exact same schedule I have used many times, it is brutal but the fat really comes off fast!

Michael said...

Sounds like an awesome schedule. Can't wait until I can get back to that type of work!

Otter Christy said...

Wow you're doing great. Enjoy your vacation. Since you won't be traveling or taking a break from your workouts, can you at least take a break from all that ironing. ;)

Meredith said...

Way to go Andrew-sounds like you are really kicking up your intensity level. Hope you have a great vacation.

Andrew said...

Hey All, thanks for the support it was indeed a tough one but we all know no pain no gain.

Christy, I will dissapoint you o my vacation I'm afraid.

Take care...