Sunday 20 July 2008

Day 91: A New Week

The start of a new week of training. Fully refreshed from an awesome rest day yesterday. Flew through the ironing today and then got changed for my run. This mornings weather was beautiful, lovely and sunny, a bit of a breeze. Passed several other runners going along the beach in the opposite direction all engrossed in their music too but we all smiled at each other and gave each other a nod!!

Just a quick 8k today as I had my brother and his wife staying for the weekend and my Dad coming over for lunch. I really went for it today as I had rested up yesterday and put in a cracking time of just over 39 minutes for 8kms. I don't think this is my best time but it is certainly the fastest for a few weeks.

As much as I have loved all of the long runs last week I need to mix it up a bit this week, despite trying to get a better place on the Nike + as I do not want to lose site of my goal. I am gonna head to the gym tomorrow for my sprint HIT workout and another abs session. Tuesday I will be in the office so there may be no training due to the very early start and kids football when I get home but I will see. I am on vacation at the end of the week for 2 weeks so it will be a busy week this week too.

I will get in as many training sessions this week but I am not sure if I will have the time to put in the mileage I did last week, we will see though. We are not going away anywhere so I hope to continue daily running and blogging through my vacation.

Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew - you are on fire. Good workouts this week.

Unknown said...

You're in "the zone" Andrew...is this running part of any training for a marathon or half?

Marbella said...

A busy week ahead. Hope it´ll be wonderful for you. Don´t know how you do it all!
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew,

you are doing great...go with the flow,

Juli

KaliLilla.com said...

You're doing awesome Andrew! Good idea to mix it up a little.
I would like to start a new challenge in Aug. If you have any ideas, drop by my blog.I posted about it today.

Andrew said...

Hi Larry, It was a good week but it was an exceptional week, just enough time and everything fell into place. Not many weeks like that, I'm sure it's the same for you too!!

Hi Diane, thanks, my feet feel like they are!! No it's just another way to get fit and burn fat. I will be doing a half marathon in the next few weeks but an unofficial one that I have made a route for.

Hey Lynda, you just go with the flow and generally everything fits into place!!

Thanks Juli

Hi Lilla, thanks, comments have been submitted on your blog.

Take care...