Monday 14 July 2008

Day 85: Back to 100%

I think I have fully recovered from whatever mild thing I had last week. Had a great 8km run today and the Nike + gizmo was only 40 metres off which is pretty good, it measured 7.96 km rather than 8km so I think I will leave it at that.

Got a sub 40 minute 8km in today and although not my fastest run to date it is getting back up there. I may even get back out tonight for another run, have not decided yet. It is a beautiful evening so it will certainly be nice if I do.

Until tomorrow...

7 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Hey Andrew, respect for 8 km, you are doing so well!!!

Otter Christy said...

Glad to hear you're back to 100%. So awesome that your son has caught the running bug. Leading by example. :)

Michael said...

You've just turned into a crazy running man :-)

Mike Groom said...

wow! great job with the run Andrew!

Marbella said...

See I told you would catch up in 9 days...at that 8-mile rate for sure! Do you run around a soccer field? Down a country road? Into the city? Hard to find a place for 8 safe miles.
Lynda

Debbie said...

You are a natural runner Andrew. An 8km already and then thinking of doing it again? Like I said, natural runner.

Andrew said...

Hey Juli, thanks, I'm enjoying it

Hey Christy, Thanks, I know, I hope he really catches it as it would be fantastic to have him as a training partner!!

Hey Michael, Stay tuned it's gonna get crazier

Hi Mike, thanks for your unwavering support.

Hi Lynda, It's 8km not 8 miles unfortunately so it will take longer. There are no cities near me which is great. I run along the beach front, through the woods, around the fields and then on the pavement next to the road for the final 3 kms, that's the 8km route anyway, I'll email you with some other details!!

Hey Debbie, Can't disagree with that, I have aleays been a runner from a young age so it was the most natural thing to do a few years back when I decided to get back in shape.

Take care everyone...