Thursday 10 July 2008

Day 81: Low on Energy

Another 8 km today but boy it was a tough one today. I keep wanting to get out and get some mileage down but I am not feeling 100% either but I have to go out to catch up with the front runners!! I'm not that bad about 80% of full health but it is addictive this challenge. I think I just need to get a bit more carbs down me to give me a bit of an energy boost so I have had a good healthy tea and a bowl of ice cream!!

The calibration seemed to work well from yesterday. Ran the 8km and the Nike + sensor measured it as 7.8km so nearly there. Have reset the calibration now and will re-calibrate tomorrow when I run the 8km again and then hopefully that will be it. Was still not a fast run today, just taking it easy still.

I will be interested to see what sort of miles I can rack up at the weekend with the kids if any.

Until tomorrow...

7 comments:

Marbella said...

Hi Andrew,
Am so pleased to see you as enthused as we are with the NIKE+ challenge. Something about it really gets you wanting to do more and more....

But on the other hand, I have it figured that you´ll pass me by in exactly 9 days....wish I could run as fast as I did 2,000 years ago. Really was a fast runner and was in the junior olympics too. My daddy too was in the Texas state finals for the 100 yard dash. Guess that age takes care of all that, and am pleased that can still walk as well as I do...
Lynda

KaliLilla.com said...

The challenge is addictive isn't it!

Ice Cream!?!?! I'm jealous. Living vicariously thru you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew, gotta know...what flavor?

That was great advice that you left on Daniel's blog...I found it really helpful-thanks!

Michael said...

Hi Andrew, you are right, the challenge is addictive. I find myself thinking about going for a run constantly.

Otter Christy said...

I love icecream! Hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear you're doing the challenge. I can totally see how it can be addicting.

Unknown said...

Doing great...maybe you need to increase your complex carb intake a little or add drink a protein shake 30 min beofre you head out.

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda, Congrats on the Olympics, I used to be able to run much faster when I was younger too, I ran for my county but that was as far as I got!! Gald your back safe and sound, may take a bit longer than 9 days!!

Hi Lilla, Very!!

Hey Meredith, vanilla with some chocolate sauce, I know but it was good and I have burnt something like 4500 calaries this week from the running!

Hi Michael, glad you are getting accurate measurements now.

Hey Christy, Yeah Ireally love it too but I find it very easy to have too much of it!! Feeling much better today actually, hopefully it's on it's way out.

Hi Diane, Yep your right I tend to get carried away sometimes and forget that I need more complex carbs when I up my running like this. Don't do the protein drinks so I had an extra banana this morning and certainly made the difference as I knocked nearly 2 minutes of yesterday's time!!

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend.

Andrew