Wednesday 16 July 2008

Day 87: Jelly Legs

I knew this would happen after yesterday's run and sure enough my legs were a little like jelly today. So instead of doing 1 run like normal I did 4!!! Started first thing this morning running 1 km back from my kids school after dropping them off.

At lunchtime I pushed it and went for another 8km run. I really didn't want to go this distance today but had to otherwise all the extra mileage yesterday would have been wasted. Managed to get a reasonable time too of just over 40 minutes so yesterday did not take as much as I thought out of my legs.

Got home had some lunch and then about 45 minutes after my 8k it was back to school for the kids sports day which was another 1k. 2 hours later it was a run home and another 1k. So 3 out of 4 of the runs were quite short but they all add up. After a cracking 1200 calories burned on yesterday's run I burnt another 900 today across all 4 runs which is great.

I have also decided that after yesterdays 13k I am going to go for a 21k run in the next few weeks which will be a half marathon (13 miles). Will need to map out a good route for that one so that halfway point finds me halfway from home, this way the temptation to stop is eliminated as you still need to get home!!

I'm off some much needed food.

Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on, Andrew!

Mike Groom said...

Way to go Andrew!

juli gets happy said...

Cool Andrew! Maybe you can sign in for a half-marathon instead of doing the long-run on your own. It will motivate you, ;-)

Unknown said...

wow, Andrew to are really in the zone and giving it. Good for you...so has your son rejoined you on the road since his first stint?

Otter Christy said...

Wow a 13 mile RUN. You're doing awesome.

Andrew said...

Thanks Mike & Larry

I did think about that but unfortunately my wife is not supportive of my running so it is easier to do it this way as I am not bound by when I need to do it!!

Hi Diane, thanks. No not yet but he is still talking about coming out again on Sunday with me.

Hey Christy thanks, It will be a biggy when Ido that one!!