Wednesday 25 June 2008

Day 66: Strong headwinds...

Well I finally got out for a run today, sun was shining but the wind was whistling. Great run down the beach with the wind behind me. Trouble is it was a bit too fast and you had to use some energy to slow yourself slightly so you did not run too fast!!!

The turn in land got the cross winds and then turning from home I got slammed by the wind that was pushing me earlier. It was a real battle to keep the pace going and tried my best to beat my previous time. I really had to grit my teeth for the last 400 metres or so as the wind was really blowing.

I managed to just get inside the 26 minutes for the 3.5 miles by 2 seconds. I wanted to prove to myself it was not one of those flukes. I reckon in good conditions I can go faster based on today's run. Back is feeling much better today, still got some serious issues to sort though but I determined not to be knocked off track by them, thanks for the well wishes Mike and thanks for dropping by every day.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: