Monday 30 June 2008

Day 71: Back to 800

It was back to the gym today and a return to my 45 minutes running session. I checked back through my blog to see what my last starting speed was and it was 10.7 kph so I set the treadmill with 45 minutes and started at 10.8 kph. This was for the first 10 minutes and then up to 11 kph and then to 11.3 for the second 10.

By the time I reached 30 minutes and cranked it up another 0.1 kph I felt really good, heart rate was still around 160 so I was really pleased. Each minute there after I added another 0.1 kph. I reached 43 minutes and was at 12.6 kph still feeling good. At 44 minutes I was supposed to crank it to 16 kph but I decided to to do this early with 1m 30s to go. So the last 90 seconds rather than 60 was run at 16 kph.

I covered 8.62 kms and burnt almost 800 calories during he run!!

I felt really good at the end and my heart rate peaked at around 185 I think which is not as high as the last time and the average came out at around 149 so my fitness has come on a huge amount since the last run of this type.

The past 70 days has proven to have done wonders for my fitness.

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Andrew, you are doing really well with your running. You should be very pleased. Great Job!

dougal said...

Well fella, day by day get, the job done. Ditto mike, you are really cranking it up.

Unknown said...

Excellent job and a great encouraging accomplishment I'd say! Kepp at it!

Andrew said...

Hey Mike, Dougal, Diane,

Thanks all of you for the great encouragement. Now that I have drawn that line in the sand I shall push it even more the next time.

Take care,

Andrew