Thursday 26 June 2008

Day 67: Say Goodbye to Beetroot!!!

Back to the gym today and it was time to re-visit the HIT sprint routine that I have worked up. It consists of the following:

1 minute at 6kph
1 minute at 12 kph
1 minute at 14 kph
1 minute at 16 kph

and then repeat the whole cycle a total of 5 times, that's 20 minutes. Last time I did this I got through all 20minutes....just. This time around I managed the 5 cycles again but added in the extra minute for improvement. It's during this minute that you push it just a bit more than last time. My last shot didn't have this at all and today I managed the whole extra minute at 16kph. So that was the final 2 minutes at 16 kph.

I was real pleased with that. And as I warmed down I noticed that I was no longer the dark beetroot colour of a few weeks ago when I last ran this. I was very hot and a shad of red but not the deep purple of the last time. The fitness is really picking up even though the fat is not dropping off, it is slowly melting which I am more than happy with.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: