Wednesday 1 October 2008

Day 164: Slowly Coming Back

Slowly getting a a zest for training coming back. Whether its the four or five days o multi vitamins starting to kick in or the raised calorie intake or the new found enthusiasm in weights who knows.


Did some rowing today only 1000 metres as a warm-up but checked my times and at 3m 34s was only 4 seconds outside of my previously recorded time which I was really pleased with.

Then I got down to some serious weights again. I am really trying to push the weight at the moment (for me at least), as I know a lot of you lift far heavier but I am runner and have a runners body!! Managed 4 sets x 10reps at 70kg for squats which I was pleased with  as I have not done those in a long time. Did various other back, arm and shoulder workouts with another abs session in the middle.

Felt great afterwards.

Until tomorrow...

6 comments:

Marbella said...

Hi Andrew,
Hey! Great to see you back with some enthusiasum again...means a lot to your happiness. Having your gym available during these winter months will be great. Are you not doing the NIKE+ challenges now?
Lynda

Adam Waters said...

Hi Andrew, is that a rowing machine? I've been on those since I got back to Oz, they are awesome for cardio and back.

Anonymous said...

hi andrew, i haven't been by in a while. it is sometimes hard to get back into workouts. you really need a strong desire! know that you can do it!

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

Thanks for all your support you are amazing and I actually visualised you spurring me on at the end of my run today!!! I know it was getting pretty chilly today. I didn't realise what the date was, yes I am in and have registered. COngrats on winning last months challenge, slow and steady wins the race!!!

Take caare...

Andrew said...

Hey Adam, Yes it is and you are correct, in fact in my opinion they give the bast full body cardio workout of any machines, they are awesome. Used to use them a lot more as I was trying to beat the gym record for 2000 metres but was just outside!!

Take care...

Andrew said...

Hey Suzette,

It's not so much getting back into it as I have not really stopped but I have some not great things going on at the moment and it is very easy to use those as a barrier for not woorking out.

Thanks for stopping by, really appreciate it.

Take care...