Friday 24 October 2008

Day 187: Getting Heavier

The weights I am lifting I mean, which is always a good sign that you are progressing in the correct direction. Back, legs, arms and abs today. Managed a good pace 1000m row today, was not trying to beat any PBs just have a good warm-up.

Was doing more isolation exercises today and managed a full 4sets x 10 reps at 14kg per dumbbell for chest flys which is a first for me along with 4 x 10 on 16kg dumbbells for the bicep curls another first.

Had a great abs session in between my weights routines and my core is certainly getting stronger too as I am starting to manage the exercises more easily so I think it is time for a shake up on these very soon.

Vacation time now, not going anywhere so blogging should continue uninterrupted but not sure about the training though so will just take it one day at a time.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Danny said...

good to see you working on your core. Do you do any pushups?
Incline pushups or pushups with a weight vest do a real good job in strenghtening the core as well. At least it works for me.
Shred on man.

Andrew said...

Hey Danny,

I try to work my core 2 - 3 times per week through my abs routine. I do do press ups but not very routinely!!! I may just add them in though.

Thanks and take care...