Wednesday 15 October 2008

Day 178: New HIIT Intensity

It was time to increase the intensity on my HIIT workout today. The last time I went to this intensity was way back on the 26-Nov-2007 on my original Day 57, for those that don't know I blogged for 58 days then lost the plot and disappeared for around 4 months and then re-started and this is where I am now!!

I didn't quite get back to exact workout but most of it was there only the 21st minute wasn't the same speed but I have increased the whole workout this time round:

I did the following:
1 min at 6 kph
1 min at 12 kph
1 min at 14 kph
1 min at 16 kph

Then it was on to the following (previously all 5 cycles were run at the above speeds):
1 min at 6 kph
1 min at 13 kph
1 min at 15 kph
1 min at 17 kph
This was performed 3 times in a row and then a final cycle of:

1 min at 6 kph
1 min at 12 kph
1 min at 14 kph
1 min at 16 kph and then the 21st minute.

Each time I perform this I always add in the 21st minute just to ensure that I push it slightly further each time. As this was a new set of speeds for the 3 middle cycles the 21st minute was run at 16kph today.

I must admit I was pretty knackered after that but not drained. I felt so alive after as well it was great. I then moved on to 10 minutes of intense abs before heading home for a quick lunch and more teleconferences!!

Plan on taking the kids swimming as soon as I have finished work this afternoon. Weather is pretty awful again hence why I went to the gym. Weights again Thursday.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Cool training-program, Juli

Marbella said...

Hi Andrew,
Wow, what a workout, and you are so focused right now. Yes, I do remember you on the blogs before...that was when you helped me out with the picture posting and saved my life! Was so sorry to have you leave, but is great to have you back again. You don´t post photos now tho...will you do that again in the future. And, where do you take the kids swimming? I always think it´s in the sea, but with the weather awful. I have a picture of you walking the beaches, and running into the surf....guess am nutty tho.
Have a good day. Bright and sunny here in Madrid. Am sending some to you.
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Juli, thanks it is great it lasts 21 minutes and burns 300+ calories!!

Hey Lynda, That's right and any help you ever need you just need to email me!! I think I only posted a handful of photos most were sent to Adam for posting on his blog. Who knows quite possibly, maybe a 200th edition photo!! At the local swimming pool is where we go the gym I use is just upstairs. However the kids did not behave so my wife put a ban on the pool last night!!

Take care...