Thursday 23 October 2008

Day 186: HIIT the Gym

Yes, another gruelling HIIT session which I managed to increase the intensity on again. Same as routine as Day 180 except for the 21st minute, the last 20 seconds went to 17kph. Felt good afterwards, not as drained as on Day 180 which is good news.

Next it was onto the elliptical trainer for 10 minutes at level 12 keeping an average of around 140 rpm apart from the last minute when I pushed it to around 160.

That was around 450 calories in 30 minutes of exercising.

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Danny said...

Hey andrew.
Your using the treadmill for running, eh?
Awesome machine, i tell you!
Just a word of caution. Running on real ground is a huge difference, and your not as fast ona a track as you are on the treadmill.(Im going through that change right now =P)

Marbella said...

Danny, ANDREW is the fastest runner you have ever seen. He runs on the beach like the wind...so believe me, he´ll tear up that treadmill. I find it easier walking inside than out. That due to the hills outside, and I have my tready flat. Great to see two fast shredders!
Lynda

Danny said...

ohhh right, i remeber now... you scored REAL high in lilla's nike+ challenge.
Sorry if the last comment sounded somehow insulting, lol

Andrew said...

Hey Danny,

Thanks for dropping by, don't worry about the first comment, and you are very correct with regards to running outside vs on a treadmill and there are mixed opinions as to how to simulate running outside on a treadmill. It seems to fall somewhere between setting the treadmill to 1 - 3% incline. I have another HIIT session that I do on varying inclines all at 10kph, I 'll try running it again next week if I have time and post it up for you. I do a fair bit of running outside too as you know!!!

Take care mate...

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

Thanks for your comments, gotta a long way to go to keep up with the wind believe me!!

Take care...