Tuesday 6 May 2008

Day 16: Long Day...

5.30 am start today so it's been a long day and also disappointing as I thought I was making progress. One of the local gyms came to the office today to do some health checks so I went along. According to their Tanita machine which does a complete body measurement I had put on 1.5 kg since I last stepped on the scales 2 weeks ago yet had lost 5% BF!!! Not much faith in that reading. It did state that my hydration was good though.

So I weighed myself when I got home, similar weight but 21.9% BF so I am still putting on weight and fat. Very disappointed but even more determined now. Looks like the shift to more weights has not been good for me even though I have put on nearly 0.5kg of muscle the fat is not shifting.

So I am gonna up the cardio and do a week of long runs and then mix it up next week and then another week of long runs etc etc.

So tonight I got home said hi to the kids and wife and the first was packed off to football (soccer for any Americans reading!!!) and then I got changed and headed out for a run along the beach, What a beautiful evening, still really warm and sunny. Ran about 3.5 miles and burnt around 600 calories so that's a good start. I will try for another 800 tomorrow at the gym and see if this gets the trend reversed.

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Andrew, don't get too worried about Tanita scale readings. They tend to read BF a bit high in my experience. Go by your photos and how your clothes fit. At the end of the day it's about how you feel about yourself, not what number you are.

Andrew said...

Hi Mike,

The BF I am OK with from the Tanita as it was much lower than my usual measurement. But regardless of BF my weight has increased and this is what I am not pleased with. I agree with real world results like clothes fitting and I don't feel any difference currently. Anyway, I will push on it will not make mw stop!!

Thanks for dropping by.

Take care,

Andrew

Marbella said...

Andrew, that very same thing seems to happen to me all the time. One of these days it will be our time for the scale to go down. What is truly important is to have health, do the best you can, keep at it, and know what we are all here behind you! Good luck with those runs.
Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

Thanks for the support. I know I can get the scales going down, it's just getting that right mix of cardio and weights and of course diet...

Take care,

Andrew