Monday 12 May 2008

Day 22: Results are coming...

Another amazing day weather wise today, too bad I had to work though. Lunchtime and I hit the gym, another 45 minute session on the treadmill again incrementing the start speed by 0.1 kph which means today's starting speed was 10.3 kph.

Overall today I covered 8.23 kms today in 45 minutes which is 0.3 kms further than this time last week, that's an extra 300 metres, I am pretty pleased with that progress over a bit less than a week. My fitness seems to be slowly coming back. The run I went on yesterday evening was a return to sub 28 minutes which is great too as I was running them a while back at nearly 27 minutes.

I shall do one more cardio session tomorrow, not sure what yet so that I can get an accurate BF measurement and then I will switch to some weights, don't want to let my body get too used to these workouts so time to switch for a bit.

Still eating really clean, the weekend was good, no alcohol, no snacking, eating lots of fruit & vegetables, rice, pasta & cous cous and I'm sticking to my minimum 3 litres of pure water per day, it's probably closer to though, at least during the week, the weekend is not so good on the fluids due to be lots of places. I would say my nutrition has been spot on the past week so I am expecting results come Wednesday.

Until tomorrow...

7 comments:

KaliLilla.com said...

Sounds like you are really on course Andrew. Great work!

Debbie said...

Andrew, keep up the great work and congrats on beating your last running record.

Mike Groom said...

Andrew, definitely get into doing some weights. I would make sure you have a combination of weights and cardio in your program. Sounds like your running is going well.

Keep shredding my friend!

Otter Christy said...

Hi Andrew! Thanks for coming by my blog while I was in SF. You're doing really great. Great job on the no booze and no snacking. If this is your version of your fitness "slowly coming back" I think I'd get whiplash if it came back any faster. It looks like you really have a nice foundation of fitness established to come so far so fast and still describe it as "slowly". I'll show you SLOW-LY. lol.

Andrew said...

Lilla - Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the comments

Debbie - Thanks, I will keep going forward.

Mike - Weights have and always will be an integral part of my workouts, I have never been shy in saying though that I prefer the cardio. The last week has purely been to get things moving in the right direction. The weights will switch back in tomorrow (Weds), I also find that if I do weights before I test my BF that I get a bad reading. Thanks.

Christy - Your comments always make me laugh and smile thanks for that ;-)) I agree though I guess my fitness, as poor as it may have been had a good foundation from the 25+ weeks from last year and indeed the past 2 years so it doesn't take too long to get back to it. Today we will see just how much when I attempt my speed HIT session later on.

Take care,

Andrew

Marbella said...

Hi Andrew,
HOT DOG! You are back with a vengeance and love seeing how well you are doing. Good to like cardio so well. I tend to like it better too, but am forcing weights to get to make friends with them even more. Glad you had a good weekend!
(Isn´t CHRISTY the funniest thing? Love reading everything she writes too.)

Lynda

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

Thanks for dropping by, I love it when you come by you are always so positive!! Last day of cardio today and now some weights ;-(( I do enjoy them but not as much as the cardio.

Take care,

Andrew