Thursday 8 May 2008

Day 18: Getting Stronger Each Day

It was back down to the gym today and I managed another 800+ calories on the treadmill which was great. Again cranked it up a notch. This is 3rd time now of doing this workout and it is already progressing well, I broke the 8km mark today for the first time. Below is a comparison of the 1st vs 3rd workouts:

1st 3rd
0 - 10 mins 10 kph 10.1 kph
10 - 20 mins 10.2 kph 10.3 kph
20 - 31 mins 10.5 kph
20 - 30 mins 10.6 kph
Final 30 secs 14 kph About 7.93kms covered
Final 1 minute 16 kph About 8.07kms covered

It may not seem like a lot increasing most of the workout by 0.1 kph but this little extra over 45 minutes adds up to quite a bit of extra mileage. Yesterdays session was not as fast as this but it was still more than the first and tomorrows will crank up again. Each day a little more so that I keep pushing my fitness forwards.

I felt pretty good at the end again despite the final minute sprint at 16 kph (that' s 10 mph for those who work in mph) and again the recovery was good too. Kept to my healthy eating and 3 litres of water again so still ticking all of the boxes.

Congratulations Suzette on 400 days blogging and thanks for all the support you have shown.

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Adam Waters said...

G'day mate, I really dig your new header! Andrew, covering 8 km's in 45 is awesome and your 800 cal def mark is spot on as well.
Shred on mate,
Adam

Marbella said...

If Adam says it´s good, then I say great! He knows that you´re doing well if anybody should! Before you know it, there will be some mightly big shredding going on....
Lynda

Anonymous said...

YOu are coming back with a vengence! as it should be. keep going strong and never give up!
Thanks for the shout out and for your very kind words on Adam's blog post today. It means a lot to me for you to say. I only hope to inspire as I, too, have been inspired!

Otter Christy said...

It was like a flashback to when we all met on Adam's blog today. I'm off to San Francisco tomorrow so I actually have to go to bed. God, you run fast. I'll have to get a nice-sized headstart when we race. :)

Andrew said...

Hey All,

Thanks Adam, there is more to come that was just the easy bit changing the header!!

Thanks Lynda, your right if Adam thinks it's good then I will keep cracking on, another 800 later today!!

Hey Suzette, no problem you earned and deserve it. Yep this time it's all the way to my goal, no quitting. Just big improvements.

Hey Christy, It was great wasn't, I wish I had kept going and not missed the 4 months I did but there was just oo much dragging me down then but it's what's going on now that counts and it's great to be back and talking to you all again. You got it but I'm sure by the time you are 100% you won't need one!!

Take care everyone,

Andrew