Thursday 1 May 2008

Day 11: Aches are still coming

Well I was expecting aches when I started out but coming up to 14 days now I thought that they would be gone by now. Maybe it is just because I am going much harder much sooner than previously I don't know but I certainly know that these routines are doing some good.

It was back and legs today, again really concentrating on form. I did however bump the squats up 60kg which I was pleased with, 4 sets of 10 reps and the majority were full squats. Then I did a variety of lower back and upper back exercises and also some leg extensions.

I was as last week hobbling out of the gym afterwards!! A huge tuna salad was consumed shortly there after.

No HIT tomorrow as I want to mix my routines as much as possible this time around, going to concentrate on stamina by running long and hard. So it will around about 40 - 45 minutes on the treadmill. Starting around 10 kph and slowly increasing the speed as I go but basically trying to run as far as I can in the time.

Until tomorrow...

9 comments:

Otter Christy said...

Sounds like you're getting the most out of every workout and exercise by focusing on your form. I get scared when I hear phrases "hobbling out of the gym," but that's just my nervous nilliness. I take comfort that there was still energy enough to consume tuna salad "shortly there after." I am happy to be able to "hear" your accent in your blog again. :)

Andrew said...

Wow it's late there you need to get some sleep!! Don't worry it was hobbling in a good way, not much energy left in my legs that's all, no pain or anything like that. We will need to hook up again and catch up!!

Take care,

Andrew

Debbie said...

Great job doing the longer cardio. Tom V. just posted info about that not long ago. I know I should be incorporating more cardio into my program too.

Andrew said...

Hey Debbie, Yes I read that post. Cardio is not a problem for me, I love running, always have, my problem is focusing on weight training as much as cardio otherwise I end up a beanpole when I lose the fat!! Just finished my long run so tune in later to hear all about it.

Take care,

Andrew

Marbella said...

Keep it going ANDREW. Bean pole ha! You look great. Now someone calling me a bean pole would be such a good thing....
I keep reading where long cardio is good, then read where HIIT is better. What´s a girl to believe?
Lynda

Andrew said...

Thanks Lynda but I think that is why people think I lose too much weight as I lose the fat from face quickly as well!! Well in my experience they both have their merits so I would mix it up with both of them. I currently have 2 different HIT sessions and then my long sessions changes all the time but it keeps the body guessing.

Take care,

Andrew

Mike Groom said...

Andrew, I love hearing about leg workouts! Great to see you keeping those squat weights up. Keep it up!

Mike Groom said...

Andrew, I love hearing about leg workouts! Great to see you keeping those squat weights up. Keep it up!

Andrew said...

Thanks Mike, they will keep going up slowly but surely but I want to keep the form as good as I can.

Take care,

Andrew