Wednesday 20 August 2008

Day 122: Couldn't Manage Another 10k

BUT I did manage 11k instead!!!

Yep thought it time to up the mileage but it was a real killer today. I was doing really well by the end of the 4th km I was still 30 seconds up on my 10k PB. However at the start of the 5th k I cross wide open fields and the wind was really fierce. This not only slowed me down but took a lot out of me too. Ended up completing the 11k in 56m 13s. Respectable but I would like to get this below 55 minutes.

Will not be running this everyday but thought it important to up it slightly and will keep doing so. It works out to be around another 80 - 100 calories!!

Again nutrition remains very good, nice and clean. Even managed a short run home last night after fixing a friends computer, only about 1/2k but better than nothing.

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

dougal said...

5 min kays. Not bad my friend, we are becoming a runner now are we. Looks like it agrees with you. Take care

Marbella said...

Wanted to thank you for all your tips the other day on what to do with a marathon. I really do think you are the Bestest Runner I´ve known, so a tip from you is gold. I too upped it today. Wish I could see you running heck bent thru those fields.....
Lynda

Ron said...

Hi Andrew, you had me fooled with your post title! Great job increasing your distance. Is a half-marathon in your future?

Andrew said...

Hey Dougal, thanks for stopping by mate. I have always been a runner hence why I could pull off some of theose crazy HIT sessions I used to do. Focusing more on distance now rather than speed and yep it is certainly paying off big time, can't wait to see what has happened in a couple of months.

Hey Lynda, thanks for your kind words and all your support.

Hey Ron, I will definately be doing one in the near future but just one I plan out not an official one, as with everything in life it is finding the time to be able to do it as 13 miles will need a bit of time!!

Take care all...