Thursday 28 August 2008

Day 130: Back to the Gym

Well it was the same as when I last left it!!

Got the HIT training session loaded onto my gym key and then it was off. I have done this many times before just not for a while and I think I managed to carry on from where I last left off. 1minute intervals of 6, 12, 14 and 16 kph repeated 5 times and then a 21st minute, 30 seconds at 16kph and 30 seconds at 17kph.

WOW, I was tired by the end of it. It's completely different to distant running. Even though I covered around 4.2km in about 21 minutes. Got a really good abs session in afterwards and then tomorrow I will pump some upper body weights. Looking forward to the weights, again it's been a while!!

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Marbella said...

Good grief Andrew, you sound like you are flying! Anything at 17 mph is impossible. Glad you are enjoying your gym again.
Lynda

Adam Waters said...

Great to see you are back on HIIT with such impressive numbers. Those intervals are brutal but they get the job done.

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda,

If I could run at 17mph I would be flying, but alas it is kph. All my runs are in km and speeds are in kph. This is becasue when I started running again 2 - years ago now the treadmills were all in kph so I have kept going with that!!

Hey Adam,

Long time no see!!! Thanks, I'm not so much into the HIT anymore. Going for distance and hence massive calorie expenditures. But wanted to mix it a bit.

Take care...