Friday 29 August 2008

Day 131: The Pump

It was back to the gym for the 2nd day in a row but this time for a great weights session. Found a great workout on bodybuilding.com for Ectomorph's which I mostly followed today. The only deviation was that I did not adhere to all of the 3 minute rests as I would have been there for nearly 1.5 hours and I dropped the squats. The only time I rested for 3 minutes was before the final set.

Basically it comprises 6 different exercises, 4 sets of each with 10, 8, 6 & 15 reps. I found it quite challenging with that 15 at the end. This is of no use if you are a regular weights trainer or find it easy to bulk but apparently it works very well for those who find it hard to put on muscle, the link is below: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ectomorph_pyramid_training.htm

Needless to say I had a great workout, and I am sure that I will know about it tomorrow too, which will be good. Managed some decent weights too, not as high as last time but I would have struggled with that final set otherwise. But it worked most of the upper body muscle groups.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Marbella said...

That site is so good to show you what and how to exercise for your body type. I forget what I am...so will re-read, and then see what it is that I have to do. So glad you are enjoying the weights again...can only help you. Running with defined muscles....how neat!
Lynda