Thursday 21 August 2008

Day 123: Running on Empty

Yep, the tank was drained today. I got to the 4k mark which is decision time as to whether it is an 8k or a 10k session. I pushed on and went for the 10k knowing that it would be tough. The legs are getting tired now after 4 straight days of 10k or greater.

I set myself a reward of some crisps with lunch if I could pull of the 10k. I managed it but it was a real tough one. Had a big lunch and tea to try and stock back up on some calories.

I will wait and see as to whether I run tomorrow. That is 50k this week so far. It would be great to go to 60k but I would rather put in a good weights session than pull off another slow run. Also my blisters are starting to hurt a bit too!!

Nutrition wise not too bad, I did have some ice cream last night to stop the cravings and also an ice cream cone tonight as I had an early tea but I think with the calorie burn I am OK.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: