Sunday 24 August 2008

Day 126: Carnival Day

The village carnival and would you believe it puring with rain again. But by the time I had finished the ironing it had stopped. So into the running gear and out, getting brighter!!!

Halfway round and the split times are looking good, boy it's getting warm, the sun is breaking through now.

Finished in 47m 57s which I think is another PB for the 10k for me, will need to check when I next upload to Nike +. After a shower and lunch and it is all blue sky and sun, just in time for the carnival. Spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening with friends and family relaxing in the pub garden and watching the procession go past and then it was up to the fair for a while before back home.

A great day!

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Marbella said...

Andrew, was that procession for St. Barthomew? That´s the patron saint of my husband´s pueblo, and hence the Fiesta I went to last night. Lots of fireworks, dancing in the streets, good cheer. So glad you goto to enjoy it. AND, I CANNOT believe that you can do a 10K in 47 minutes! Do you realize it takes me at LEAST 2 hours to finish that! Andrew the Airplane!
Lynda

Marbella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Groom said...

Great job with the run Andrew. That's a pretty good time.

juli gets happy said...

Congratulations to your PB for the 10 kms! Fantastic job!

Andrew said...

Hey Lynda, No it was just a local carnival that we have each year at this time. Just to generate trade for local businesses and for families to have fun!!

Hey Mike, Thanks mate, I am hoping to improve continuously.

Hi Juli, Thanks so much, hope you are feeling better now.

Take care...