Tuesday 9 October 2007

Day 10: Congratulations Adam

Firstly just wanted to give a great big Congratulations to Adam Waters who has moved one step closer to his dream today and the few people who have read this blog will probably have come via Adam's, so I am sure will say the same, if not the link is at the side. He inspired me to start writing this and I hope that people will find it useful as the hardest thing I have found is getting real time real life information and seeing how things work as they go along.

Considering this was day 2 of the cardio it felt really good and I managed a full 40 seconds at 17 kph at the end and still felt like I had a bit left in the tank, but only a bit. This was the only part of the session that increased but the cycle, hand bike and cross trainer were all kept to the high end of the limits today. The cardio is certainly on the up currently. Friday is the next session but I have a new routine marked out for Friday. No speed increases this time, should be interesting!!

Today's Routine

HIT Run (each interval is for 1 minute, each cycle is 4 minutes)

  • Cycle 1: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph
  • Cycle 2: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 3: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 4: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 5: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph, 16 kph (one final extra minute). The last 40 seconds I pushed it to 17 kph


Cycle (10 minutes)

  • 5 minutes at effort level 6 keeping 100 - 105 rpms
  • 5 minutes at effort level 10 keeping 90 - 100 rpms

Hand Bike (10 minutes)

  • 10 minutes at effort level 8 (120 watts) maintaining a constant 70 rpms

Elliptical Cross Trainer (5 minutes)
I alternate this to work the calf muscles more, the 1st, 3rd and 5th minute are performed on your tip toes or ball of your foot.5 minutes at effort level 12 maintaining 140 spm

Well tomorrow is stats day again, I will be really interested to see whether there have been any changes this week. Last week I could see a definite change for the best but this week I cannot!! Guess we will see tomorrow. Gonna have a killer ab session tomorrow and then some heavy squats and a few upper body weights. As promised I lose BF again then I will start to blog my nutrition plan also. Nothing overly complicated about it but I want to make sure that it works first!! Who know I may even start to post a weekly pic!!

Congrats again Adam, I hope you read this, the journey is hotting up not least the end of M3 is in sight.

Until tomorrow....

5 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Andrew, thanks mate for your very kind words. I feel humbled when I read posts like yours, its very surreal!

BTW, you are burning up those HIIT cycles, you must be burning fat on that kind of routine.

Keep truckin'
Adam Waters

Andrew said...

Hey Adam,

Many thanks for bringing my blog it's first comment, only fitting that it is you really!! Please keep on inspiring people. If only a fraction of those who visit your blog find mine helpful, useful or inspiring then I will be very happy.

Well you would think they would be. I still need to keep fine tuning my nutrition plan though, that is the stumbling. I will get there though.

Thanks mate, take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

Re: nutrition in your last comment above. I'd say you got there BIG TIME this challenge out. I have tuned into your blog like a gazillion times today. You must be out living a life. How dare you! Don't you know that there is a partially bedridden girl in the Phillippines madly clicking on your blog for the next installment. :)

I am totally joking. i just figured since i was here I'd click on another blog and bug you. Since you said you don't mind. DYING to hear your thoughts on today's vid. I have many feelings about it.

Looking to Andrew for guidance. As always. ;)

Hope you had a really resty, rest day. Be back to check in on you. It may be later because I have physical therapy today. Whoopee!

Andrew said...

Hey Christy,

Sorry, I know you are joking and I can only imagine how hard it must be sometimes. You should go back and check some of your old posts for comments really!!!!!!

Have not had a chance to watch it yet!! Will let you know my thoughts tomorrow or maybe later tonight.

Hope your PT goes well and I will drop by and catch up on your blog soon.

Take care,

Andrew

Otter Christy said...

Hi there, Andrew. I did check through my old posts. I found what you wrote. I can't believe you read ALL of those to know about the cows and the house.

I'll check again in case there's more and because I have an abundance of time. No need to go about reading all my more recent posts. They're REALLY long. I feel your support. Plus they'll be tons more blogs, because of the mission is extended.

I just like checking in on you. It makes me feel like I'm helping or something. It just feels good to do it so I do.

BTW, I loved the thoughts you posted on the shred. It really just ironed all the bugs out. Very cool! THANK YOU.

And thanks for mentioning it gets tough sometimes. It doesn't feel that way a lot, but sometimes it does. I like that you just acknowledge that it can be hard sometimes and didn't rattle off some positive phrase or slogan or quote at me. I know those slogans are supposed to help so I just think, how nice they're wanting to help me and how kind they are to want to help. I'm grateful for the kind thoughts truly.

But somehow, I find just you mentioning a couple of words about how it is sometimes, just worlds more comforting.

I didn't even know I needed that, but I did. Wow. I really did. Thank you, Andrew.