Friday 5 October 2007

Day 6: Another cardio session?

Yes indeed another cardio session. As I have said in other posts, fat loss is the goal here so I do 3 HIT cardio sessions per week. This one was the same as Monday and Tuesday but again squeezing that bit extra at the end.

Made a big mistake doing all those squats yesterday though. The run was really tough due to aching quads but I still managed to get through it with out going off the back of the treadmill...just!

Today's Routine

HIT Run (each interval is for 1 minute, each cycle is 4 minutes)

  • Cycle 1: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph
  • Cycle 2: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 3: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 4: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 5: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph, 16 kph (one final extra minute). The last 20 seconds I pushed it to 17 kph

Cycle (10 minutes)

  • 5 minutes at effort level 6 keeping 100 - 105 rpms
  • 5 minutes at effort level 10 keeping 90 - 100 rpms

Hand Bike (10 minutes)

  • 10 minutes at effort level 7 maintaining a constant 70 rpms

Elliptical Cross Trainer (5 minutes)

I alternate this to work the calf muscles more, the 1st, 3rd and 5th minute are performed on your tip toes or ball of your foot.

  • 5 minutes at effort level 12 maintaining 140 spm

So now to the weekend, how good can I be?!?! Tomorrow is my rest day so instead of some exercise routines I will explain some of the things that I don't stop doing during my quest to reach my goal. Also I will share some resources that I use.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: