Thursday 18 October 2007

Day 19: Weight training back and shoulders -15 is the magic number

Well after a reasonable outcome yesterday from the weigh in it was time for some more hard graft today concentrating on the whole back and shoulders. Again I was lifting heavy and going for 15 reps, not worrying if I needed a small breather during the set. But no rest between sets just straight onto the next exercise.

I started with my usual 5 minute warm up on the treadmill and then it was into the following:

15 x shoulder press
15 x lats machine
15 x upper back machine
15 x low row
15 x lower back machine

Then it was 10 calf raises per leg and start again. I repeated this 5 times today as I added the lats machine this time compared to last week.

I'm going to change my weights around next week a bit so that I focus on the back and arms during both sessions.

Nutrition

Today is my re-feed day so I can eat pretty much what I want although I am being pretty good, shredded wheat for breakfast, couple of pieces of marmite on toast mid morning and a banana, Cheese and chutney sandwich for lunch with some crisps and then chicken and a baked potato for tea. In between I have had over 3 litres of water as well. It is hard to keep remembering to drink that much and you certainly go to the bathroom a lot more often but then hey, it burns more calories with more trips to the loo!!!!

Well I'm going to chill out now.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: