Tuesday 2 October 2007

Day 3: Two in a row

Two days in a row for cardio that is...

Believe me if you thought yesterday was hard work, you realise just how much it took out of your legs and body when you repeat it all the day after. I normally do the whole workout but had to skip the elliptical cross trainer today as I ran out of time at the gym.

So far I find that even though this workout is really tough it produces some excellent results.

I did manage to crank the cardio up at the end though, boy it was a case of grit your teeth and pray the treadmill slows down soon!!! Exercise list below:

HIT Run (each interval is for 1 minute, each cycle is 4 minutes)

  • Cycle 1: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph
  • Cycle 2: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 3: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 4: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
  • Cycle 5: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph, 16 kph (one final extra minute) The last 10 seconds I pushed it to 17 kph - not much I know but it makes a big difference

Cycle (10 minutes)

5 minutes at effort level 6 keeping 100 - 105 rpms
5 minutes at effort level 10 keeping 90 - 100 rpms

Hand Bike (10 minutes)

10 minutes at effort level 7 maintaining a constant 70 rpms

OK tomorrow is the personal training session and so the weekly stats, will I have maintained my good start, I hope so, I have been pretty good sticking with my nutrition plan. I will start to share this in later posts once I have evaluated just how effective (or not) it is.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: