Monday 22 October 2007

Day 23: Back to the Cardio Sprint

It has been 2 weeks now since I last did the HIT Sprint Cardio run so I thought I would give it a go today and see whether 2 weeks off has made any difference.

The verdict....

I managed to continue where I left off. It was back at day 10 when I last did this and my last 40 seconds in the 21st minute was run at 17kph.

So today I managed:

HIT Run (each interval is for 1 minute, each cycle is 4 minutes)

Cycle 1: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph
Cycle 2: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
Cycle 3: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
Cycle 4: 6 kph, 13 kph, 15 kph, 17 kph
Cycle 5: 6 kph, 12 kph, 14 kph, 16 kph, 16 kph (one final extra minute). The last 50 seconds I pushed it to 17 kph

I still had a bit left in the reserves but not much.

Ab Session

This is my new hopefully with better results workout session, so now I am doing abs with each cardio session. So it was around 10 -15 minutes on the mat. Using the fit ball with a 5kg medicine ball to add a little extra weight, then various other floor exercises.

Basically after about 12 minutes of constant work and switching of exercises my abs were completely sprung. I really need a rest after the forwards plank and 2 side planks, they were killers.

Back to the weights tomorrow and then Wednesday is going to be another cardio session but this is going to be a real different session. Stay tuned, this is one that everyone can attempt. more to follow on Wednesday.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: