Sunday 7 October 2007

Day 8: All over again....

Well after a nice day of rest it was back to it. Today was chest, biceps and triceps. I opted for a new routine that I saw the other day. The trick here is to go heavy but to knock out 15 reps no matter what, even if you need to take a quick rest pause. Just take 3 or 4 deep breaths and then carry on, if you need to take 2 then that's fine just get to the magic number 15.

The usual 5 minute warm up on the treadmill see Day 5 for full details then into the weights.

I performed the following:

15 hammer curls using the tricep bar
15 Lying-Supine Two-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension
15 dumbbell flys


Then it was a 10 calf raises per leg during the rest and back to the start. Repeat 4 times then collapse...only kidding but you should be pretty worn out after that with virtually no breaks.

Again go as heavy as you can and take the rests if you need them but this should only be enough for 5 deep breaths maximum before restarting. If you can manage the complete 15 then it is time to up the weight!!

So that is it with regards to my workouts. Tomorrow sees the start of another 2 days of cardio, I will continue to punch up the final seconds so that each session is slightly more. If I get another positive weigh in then I shall start to share my nutrition plan with you as this has been one of the hardest things to get right for me.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: