Wednesday 17 October 2007

Day 18: End of Week 4 Stats

Another week over, can't believe I am 4 weeks into my 10 week session already and I have been blogging for 18 days straight now. It really does help the focus. Thanks Adam.

So it's stats day, lets have a reminder of the previous facts and figures:

81kgs & 17.9% BF (19-Sep-2007) 14.49 kgs fat
80kgs & 17.2% BF (26-Sep-2007) 13.76 kgs fat
80kgs & 16.0% BF (03-Oct-2007) 12.80 kgs fat
79.5kgs & 15.9% BF (10-Oct-2007) 12.64 kgs fat

The goal is 6% BF loss in 10 weeks, 3 weeks had me to 2%. Well it is not as fast as to start with but I think I hit a plateau.

So this weeks figures are:

79kgs & 15.5% BF (17-Oct-2007) 12.24 kgs fat.

Whilst I am not over the moon with this weeks results I cannot be too despondent as this is about 400 grams of fat which is around about 1lb of fat in a week. So whilst it is not quite the 0.6% I need to lose per week I am still on schedule due to the fast start. I just need to get the metabolism grinding over faster in the coming weeks to ensure that I lose the 0.5% over the next week to get me to 3% by the half way mark which is next week and then I want to get off to a blistering start to the second half.

So what's at stake here?

Well the biggest stake here is the fact that if I complete my goal....scratch that...when I complete this goal in 6 weeks I will be at 12% BF, something I have never achieved. Even now at 15.5% I am leaner than I have ever been in my life and it feels great, I have more energy, concentration, it's great!!!

The prize though...well in my first week of this 10 week session I was given a box of my favourite chocolates as a thank you for fixing a friends computer!! Great I thought, this is not going to do my fat loss much good as you cannot eat just one of these, they are really moreish, once you start...

Then I thought hey, keep them and use them to train hard and when you reach your goal then you can indulge a little. I have also promised half to my personal trainer if she can help me achieve this goal and she loves chocolate. So they now have prime position in my office at home where I can see them all day long, and I am pleased to say they are still all present and the box is unopened.

Today's Workout

Today was the PT session after the stats were taken I had a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill followed by 30 minutes of abs, starting on the fit ball doing crunches, try holding a 5 kg medicine ball with straight arms above your head, that really changes fit ball crunches. Then it was the oblique crunches on the fit ball, tuck the medicine ball into your neck this time. Then there was a whole series of different exercises that killed my abs off. I can't remember half of them but you can find a whole host of ab exercises in the resource section to the right.

Then I did a few pull-ups and chin-ups just to see if I could. Managed 4 wide grip pull-ups and 9 chin-ups which I was quite pleased with!! Then it was into some more upper and lower back exercises. Tomorrow I will do them in earnest. I want to concentrate much more on my back now as I have not really been pushing it as much as I think I should have been.

Then it was a final sprint on the rower, 1000 metres as fast as you can. I managed 3 mins 30.5 seconds, had a bit left in the tank but the quads were still tired from the double incline HIT runs I did.

OK that's me for today.

Until tomorrow....

2 comments:

dougal said...

Hey Andrew, well done buddy, progress is progress.

I know your goal is fat loss but one thing I've noticed is that your muscle gain has been negligable,which is unusual. I took a look at your eating plan and I see that you are eating very little protein...that would be the cause..but there may be a reason for that.

Can't wait for saturday night mate.

Andrew said...

Hey Dougal,

Thanks for the comment man.

This is the dilema I have! I have checked back to original starting point 14 weeks ago and I have lost 6.1 kg of fat and I have gained 1.1 kg of muscle.

Further comments on whether that is good or bad for a fat loss program would be appreciated.

As for my nutrition, you are correct I do not consume as muchj protein as I probably should. I have tuna and chicken most days in some format. I don't take protein shakes and I cannot stand the taste of eggs!!!

If you have any other ideas for increasing my protein or any fantastic recipes so that I will not taste egg whites then I have open ears?

Looking forward to Saturday too don't drink too much!!!

Take care,

Andrew